In general, vibrators generate their vibrations via the use of eccentric weights driven by a conventional motorized electric motor, but some use electromagnet coils. If you are new to vibrators, our comprehensive vibrator buyer guide will provide everything you need to know. vibrators are often advertised as ‘body massagers’ but are essentially still used for eroticism. Vibrators run via the use of batteries while others are rechargeable in nature. Some luxurious vibrators are uniquely covered in medical grade silicone with no over-exposed control panels or seam lines. This is a great idea so that fewer places for bacterial growth may reduce the chances of infection or viral health issues. In essence, most vibrators are marketed for vaginal or anal insertion and are conveniently sized to be similar to the average penis size.
How to Choose the Right Vibrator for You
- Anal Vibrators are designed for anal use and have a flared base or a long handle that you can grip so as to prevent them from becoming stuck in the rectum. They are available in different shapes and are recommended to be used with a significant amount of lubricant. For safety, it is suggested that they be inserted gently and carefully to prevent any damage to the rectal lining.
- Bullet Vibrators are usually shaped like a bullet or an egg. These vibrating or pulsating vibrators are used for vaginal insertion and have a wired or a wireless control for ease of use.
- Butterfly Vibrators are primarily used for clitoral stimulation that’s hands-free and are mostly used during sexual intercourse. The name is given due to its shape and it comes in 3 distinct variations: remote controlled, traditional, and can include anal and vaginal stimulators. Most are made from silicone, latex, plastic, or jelly.
- Clitoral Vibrators are a sex toy that’s used to provide sexual pleasure and exacerbate orgasm via the stimulation of the clitoris. Most commonly, they come in various textures, shapes, colors, and sizes. Some clitoral vibrators are made for dual stimulation, stimulating both the clitoris and G-spot. Shapes can be: egg-shaped, bullet shaped, animal shaped, and other fun variations too, like the human tongue as an example. Clitoral vibrators are usually capable of varying speeds.
- Quiet Vibrators are engineered to have quieter motors and are made from materials that quiet the noise of the vibrations. Rechargeable vibrators are the quietest types, but battery powered ones can also have specially designed features to minimize vibrating sounds from the batteries.
- Tongue Vibrators are used to closely simulate the movement, effects and sensations that a human tongue would generate on your clitoris, and can sometimes be shaped like tongues. They are primarily oral sex simulators, and are highly popular for the ladies who get aroused by that type of stimulation.
- Finger Vibrators are excellent for solo sessions or use with a willing partner, and are small enough to be used during sexual intercourse without getting in the way of your most exciting positions. You can pack these toys to go because their size is just right for adding to your purse or packing in to your travel case.
- G-Spot Vibrators are very close to the traditional type vibrator, but with an obvious curve and usually a jelly-like coating. The design is used to stimulate the G-spot or the prostate, for males. They’re usually made of easy-to-clean silicone or a washable acrylic. They’re also usable with or without the vibrations and have a recommendation to be used with a lubricant, especially when used for anal stimulation.
- Rechargeable Vibrators are designed for power that comes from a nearby wall socket. They feature extra-long cables and have super-powerful motors to sustain long play in the bedroom. With the freedom of electrical power, you gain the freedom of longer use. Available in a choice of colors, sizes and added features.
- Rabbit Vibrators are two-pronged for stimulation of both the clitoris and the vagina, occurring simultaneously. In fact, the rabbit vibe consists of 2 comprehensive vibrators of differing sizes. There’s a phallus-shaped vibrator to be inserted into the vagina to stimulate the inside, and a smaller stimulator which faces forward onto the main vibrator to stimulate the clitoris. Most are made of jelly, rubber, latex, or silicone, and come in various colors, sizes and designs.
What Are the Benefits
Great sex is super-good for you
Having great sex helps to promote health and wellbeing. It gives the body a rush of feel-good hormones, thus lifting your mood and physically making you feel awesome, both during and afterward. Using a sex toy can spice up the sex life and add in some fun and playfulness as well. Although the end game is the orgasm, the benefits of getting to know your body and the other person’s is really what makes it so beneficial for both bonding and play.
Sex toys can rejuvenate vaginal walls
For women going through menopause, sometimes there are gynaecological issues. Declining levels of the hormone known as oestrogen can lead to dryness, vaginal tightness, and atrophy in some cases. The end result can lead to painful sex and a diminished sex drive. Thankfully, vibes can alleviate these symptoms because they can help the overall tone and elasticity of vaginal walls, therefore increasing sexual sensation and aiding in the promotion of vaginal lubrication.
Vibrators can also be helpful following gynaecological surgical procedures, and after childbirth, aiding in helping the vaginal tissue to remain flexible, preventing it from becoming overly tight as well as promoting extra blood flow to the area to speed up the healing process.
Sex toys help men too
Men can benefit from sex toys too. In fact, watching their partner play with a vibrator, using one on their partner, having one used on them, or using one for masturbation is key. All of these instances create adventure and playfulness within a relationship. And for guys who don’t like to use them on themselves but love to watch, they’re in for a real treat.